A member has just informed us they have tested positive for Covid. Here are the facts and what we know:
- They did not feel sick
- They had sniffles and loss of taste and smell, not sure when symptoms began.
- Tested on Thursday the 25th at noon at the Fulton County Board of Health link
- Attended Thursday 5:30 class and Sunday the 28th 9am class
- Received results today they tested positive for Covid-19
We are grateful they let us know as soon as they knew.
If you are feeling sick or have any of the symptoms, please do not attend class.
Here is a link where you can register to go get tested regardless if you are showing symptoms Link
The fact is everybody is at risk of getting COVID-19. We are already doing everything possible to limit the spread of the virus. Please take a moment to review how the virus is spread:
• You can become infected by coming into close contact (about 6 feet or two arm lengths) with a person who has COVID-19. COVID-19 is primarily spread from person to person.–so maintain 6′ distance at all times.
• You can become infected from respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. –so we encourage you to wear a mask when possible
• You may also be able to get it by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, and then by touching your mouth, nose, or eyes. –so we as a gym are continuing to clean and disinfect all high-contact surfaces multiple times each day.
If we all do these things, the gym will remain a safe place to be. If you’re in doubt, check out this study from Norway supporting the safety of the gym environment. LINK
The gym will be continue to be open
Michael and Ruben