We have a two-fer special for our Athletes of the Month for September. Crossfit RX welcomes all military and police personnel, and would like to honor those who serve and protect us. This is why we chose both Andrew Grubb and Larry Compton, and we are truly thankful to have them part of our community.
First let’s meet Grubb!
“Grubb is the man! Regardless of whether he’s come off a full night sleep or has been up for 48 hours straight catching bad guys, when he is in the gym he is killing it. Great attitude, great work ethic, always willing to help, he’s an ideal member. I’m glad we have people like Grubb in the gym and on the streets”– Coach Guy
“Aside from being a great athlete, member and the most consistent athlete in our gym as far as attendance is concerned. Grubb serves our community as a police officer in Cobb county. We as a gym want to thank you for you service and are proud to have you as well as any other police officer or uniformed service member in our gym.”- Coach Kelly Levens
1) How long have you been doing Crossfit? I’ve been doing crossfit for about 7 years, I started at Crossfit South Cobb.
2) Why Crossfit? I’ve been at RX for the last three years after I decided I needed a change and visited 5 different gyms. RX fit everything I was looking for in facility, coaching, programming, & most importantly people!
3) What are some of your hobbies outside of the gym? I’m a big music buff so outside of the gym I try to take in as many live music shows I can make it to. I love sharing and introducing people to new bands. Favorite Atlanta venue is Terminal West.
4) Favorite and least favorite movements? Favorite movement handstand push-ups, least favorite is wallballs.
5) Name one thing you’ve accomplished in Crossfit, and name one goal you are currently chasing. One goal I chased and accomplished is a body weight snatch. A goal I’ve yet to accomplish is a 225lb clean and jerk.
6) Favorite food or meal? My favorite meal has to be the “burger” at Fox Bros.
7) What is something people would be surprised to know about you? People would be surprised to know that I worked undercover narcotics/organized crime investigations for four years. I’m virtually unrecognizable in photos from back then. Partly because of my beard and hair but mostly because I was about 25 lbs heavier 🙂
8) Favorite piece of advice you’ve gotten in Crossfit? it’s cliche for a reason but that piece of advice is not to be afraid of checking your ego and scaling. The coaches have a time domain or work capacity in mind when programming these workouts so plan your workout accordingly. You’re missing the point with your 15 minute Grace time.