Our August Athlete of the Month is Nicole Richardson! Let’s meet Nicole…
“Nicole is a superstar! Mom, wife and crazy hard working athlete! I only get to see her on Thursdays, but it’s always awesome to have her in my class.”- Coach Amy Levens
“Nicole been with us since Fall of last year, she is an afternoon regular and busts it always!! She works hard, listens to coaches cues, never complains…just works! We were talking a few weeks ago and she had mentioned that she had lost 32 pounds since joining! Crushing it Nicole…keep it up!”- Coach Kelly Levens
1. How long have you been doing Crossfit? And how long have you been at Crossfit RX? I started Crossfit when I joined Crossfit RX back in late October/ early November 2016.
2. Why Crossfit? I needed to change up my workout routine. I could run all day and leg press a decent amount at the gym, but ultimately I wasn’t disciplined or consistent and stopped getting the results I wanted. My cousin started Crossfit about 6 months prior to me out in DC and told me, “you’re competitive like me, you’ll love this sh*t.” I found Crossfit RX on google the next day and emailed to set up my 1 on 1.
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of the gym? I love to compete. I almost always have some type of race I’m working towards. I also have two kids (Karsen – 4 and Kamryn – 2), so they naturally keep me and my husband busy with all of their activities.
4. Favorite and least favorite movements? I didn’t think I could hate anything more than rowing…until I got on the assault bike. On the contrary, however, I love moving weights. Squats and thrusters would probably be high on my list.
5. Name one thing you’ve accomplished in Crossfit, and name one goal you are currently chasing? I never thought I would be able to rope climb. It was an end of 2017 goal for me that I squashed pretty early on. Something I’m determined to master this year – consistent damn double-unders. This will happen lol.
6. Favorite food or meal? Sour candy. It was probably the hardest thing to give up during the Whole30 earlier this year.
7. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? One of our fellow Crossfit RX’rs and I were in the same high school homeroom lol. Can you guess who?
8. Favorite piece of advice you’ve gotten in Crossfit? Just show up. Coach Jeremiah during one of my personal training sessions told me if I saw the workout ahead of class and didn’t like it, wasn’t sure if I could do it, or just didn’t want to do it, show up anyway. You don’t get results if you don’t show up. Best piece of advice ever.