Let’s give it up for our June Athlete of the Month… MELISSA HALL! She has been absolutely crushing it this year so far.
“I don’t know if you know this, but Melissa lives less than 50 feet from the gym, and in 2016, despite the commute, Melissa still manged to make it in almost 15 times! The entire year! If we could all harness just a little bit of this kind of motivation, just imagine where we would all be!!
This is for real, but clearly I am kidding. By late January of 2017 Melissa had surpassed her 2016 attendance total. Something clicked in the new year and she has not slowed down since! She has been crushing and it really shows, she even attended a rowing clinic a few weeks back and agreed to reduce her damper setting from 10! It has been great having you join the regular crew Melissa….we love ya!! Keep it up!”- Coach Kelly Levens
1. How long have you been doing Crossfit? And how long have you been at Crossfit RX? 5 Years, started at RX in 2012 right after the new gym opened, was forced to join by my best friend from forever (Meghann Gibbons). I’ve taken some extended ‘breaks’ along the way but I’ve never cheated on RX
2. Why Crossfit? I’m usually running around like a crazy person, so I love that its quick, effective, always a new challenge and a great stress relief. After 20 minutes of the WOD my mind is pretty much cleared of everything
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of the gym? I am an IT consultant by day, soccer mom & chauffeur to my 8 year old daughter Natalie by night, I also love a good festival, listening to live music, food adventures, pretty much anything outdoors, and just spending time with friends & family
4. Favorite and least favorite movements? Fave – Squats/Thrusters & Rowing, Least Fave – Wallballs
5. Name one thing you’ve accomplished in Crossfit, and name one goal you are currently chasing.
Can finally do OHS (thanks Guy). Would love to get a muscle up in 2017:)
6. Favorite food or meal? Cheese & Chocolate
7. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I have the shortest possible commute to the gym (I live next door). I also moonlight as a professional 90s drummer (on Rock Band).
8. Favorite piece of advice you’ve gotten in Crossfit? Best advice is that it really can be a sport for everyone, and the hardest part is walking in the door.