It’s that time of the month again. Can you believe it’s March already?! Meet our
Athlete of the Month for March… ALLISON FUSTER! She is one kick ass chick, and we love having her as part of our Crossfit Ladies family. She comes in, crushes some of the most difficult workouts, and does it with a smile.
“I love Allison! She is coachable and hardworking. I love
having her in ladies class! We all love having her in class! She is a stud!”- Coach Amy L.
1. How long have you been doing Crossfit?
And how long have you been at Crossfit RX?
I first started Crossfit in 2013 when I bought a Groupon for a small gym in Kirkwood. A few months later, I joined Crossfit RX. In 2014 I decided
to go back to school which resulted in nearly two years off from Crossfit (eek!). I started back at RX in January of 2016 and have been so happy to stay consistent with it for the last year!
2. Why Crossfit? In college, I started playing club sports and really grew to love
the training and sense of competition. I had a really great coach who knew just how to push me. After college, I had a hard time finding something to fill that void until I discovered Crossfit. I love being coached. I love learning new skills. I love being
a little competitive from time to time. But most importantly, I like the way Crossfit makes me feel. I love leaving the gym knowing I worked really hard and I’m stronger for it.
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of the gym? Ultimate frisbee, dancing, and
choreographing. And I always love a good game of beer pong.
4. Favorite and least favorite movements? Favorites – double unders and rowing. Least
favorite – wallballs
5. Name one thing you’ve accomplished in Crossfit, and name one goal you are currently
chasing. I’m pretty excited to finally be able to do a few strict pull ups. Next up, I’d like to get ring dips and butterfly pull ups.
6. Favorite food or meal? Curry, wings, breakfast food, it’s so hard to pick
7. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I’m half Cuban and I’ve been there a few times to visit family.
8. Favorite piece of advice you’ve gotten in Crossfit? It’s hard to choose one thing.
I really enjoy simple tips about how to approach certain workouts. Also,
the skills classes have been really valuable to me.